Serves 4 guests
Prep time: 30 minutes
4 each chile de arbol, stem and seeds removed, rough chopped
1 each white onion, sliced
5 each garlic cloves, chopped
8 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
3 ounces fresh cilantro, chopped
8 each white corn tortillas
8 ounces fresh spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lime quartered
2 oz avocado oil
Pumpkin Seed Mix
2 cups (278 grams) toasted pumpkin seeds
¼ cup (32 grams) toasted sesame seed
¼ cup (32 grams) toasted hemp hearts
½ cup sunflower seed or avocado oil
7 large cloves garlic, crushed small and cooked golden in oil above
1 tsp (4 grams) ground morita chile powder
Add the above ingredients to small bowl and mix well. Garnish generously all the tacos. There will be extra leftover.
Method: — video link above
- Heat saute pan to medium heat
- Add oil and cook chiles and onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook until caramelized.
- Add spinach to above ingredients and turn off heat. The residual heat will wilt the spinach, mix together.
- Heat comal over medium heat and warm tortillas, place in warm kitchen towel until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add cilantro and pumpkin seed recipe above.
- Garnish with lime wedges.